The Ersoylu Consulting Team has been involved in numerous panels, presentations and publications as evaluation and policy practitioners. Below are some highlights.
- Manal Aboelata, Leah Ersoylu and Larry Cohen. 2011. “Building Healthy Places with People and for People: Community Engagement for Healthy and Sustainable Communities” in Making Healthy Places: A Built Environment for Health, Well-being and Sustainability. Island Press. Download PDF Here
- Leah Ersoylu and Tuba Kobas. 2010. “The New Locomotive for Economic Development: NGO’s” in Itovizyon (April 2010). Download PDF Here
- Helen Ingram and Leah Fraser. 2006. “Path Dependency and Adroit Innovation: The Case of California Water.” in Robert Repetto, ed, By Fits and Starts: Punctuated Equilibrium and the Dynamics of U.S. Environmental Policy. Yale University Press.
- Helen Ingram and Leah Fraser. 2006. “Changing the Policy Paradigm.” in Max Oelschlaeger and Peter Friederici (eds.) Moving Waters: The Colorado River and the West. (Forthcoming, University of Arizona Press).
- Leah Fraser. 2004. “Evaluating the Impacts of the Ottawa Treaty” in Landmines and Human Security: International Politics and War’s Hidden Legacy. Matthew, McDonald and Rutherford (eds.) SUNY Press.
- Leah Fraser. 2004. Review of “Contested Nature: Promoting International Biodiversity with Social Justice in the Twenty-first Century” by S. Brechin et al.(2003), Environment (June 2004).
- Richard Matthew and Leah Fraser. 2002. Global Environmental Change and Human Security: Conceptual and Theoretical Issues. GECHS Program Office, UCI. www.gechs.uci.edu.
- Leah Fraser. 2002. Review of “Faces of Environmental Racism” by Westra and Lawson (2001), Environment (November 2002).
- Member, OC Food Access Coalition, 2013-2015.
- Board Chair, The Grain Project, 2012-2014.
- Board Member, St. Joseph Health System Foundation, 2011-2015.
- Member, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Advisory Committee for Evaluation of Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities Initiative, 2011-2015.
- Member, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Policy & Practice Advisory Committee for Review of Environmental & Policy Interventions for Childhood Obesity Prevention, 2010-2014.
- Reviewer, American Journal of Preventative Medicine, 2010-present.
- Reviewer, First 5 LA, 2011-present.
- Member, Urban Hardship Task Force. (Convened by Oakview Renewal Partnership, 2008)
- “Making the Leap: Moving your Nonprofit from Service to Advocacy.” Invited presentation at CSUF Summer School for Nonprofits, July 10, 2008.
- “Community-Based Policy Research.” Panel presentation at Connecting Communities: The University and Multi-Ethnic Civic Engagement. A Southern California Regional Symposium, Irvine, CA, February 7, 2008.
- “Changing the Physical Activity Environment in Santa Ana, CA.” Panel presentation at American Public Health Association Conference, Washington, DC, November 7, 2007.
- “Assessing Policy Development Opportunities.” Invited presentation to UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Obesity Prevention in Public Health Course, Chapel Hill, NC, September 27, 2007.
- “Health Policy through Collaboration: Merging Public Health & Public Safety.” Invited presentation at NALEO Healthy Communities Policy Institute, Seattle, WA, April 28, 2007.
- “Nonprofit Lobbying vs. Advocacy.” Panel presentation at Annual Healthy Eating, Active Communities (HEAC) grantee meeting, Monterey, CA, April 26, 2007.
- “Active Living by Design: Lessons Learned.” Panel presentation at 6th Annual New Partners for Smart Growth: Building Safe, Healthy & Livable Communities, Los Angeles, CA, February 8-10, 2007.